Friday, April 8, 2011

Lots More Thankful Than We Are

I will be sharing this with our family today... Why?  Because I don't want to just be glued to a cell phone, facebook, or resolve to just be an incessant blog reader :)  I am pretty certain we should turn off all the electronic gadgetry for more than just a little while and just be lots more thankful than we are.

Maybe the link below will encourage you toward a deeper level of "I'm thankful...".  It's a short read and a profound one.  Or, better yet, maybe it will encourage you toward a first-time trust in and gratitude for our God and Creator.  Contrary to all of the popular human-sufficient thinking these days that says: "We can do anything!" with our super-human ingenuity and unstoppable know-how, um...we don't make rain...

The Great Work of God: Rain

Isaiah 64:4

2 comments:

  1. Don't know if you guys have read One Thousand Gifts by Ann Vorskamp....it's all about gratitude, for things big and small, in good times and bad, because God is good! Great read....a little more of a "chick" book, but great regardless! It really changed my perspective a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very thankful to God for leading my family to our church and for allowing me to serve with you for 7 years. You have been, and continue to be an inspiration and blessing to us, and I'm so thankful that we get to do this for eternity!

    ReplyDelete